Long hair has been seen as a symbol of beauty around the world since ancient times. It is not uncommon for both men and women to grow out their locks in order to achieve long luscious hair.
Long hair is a much-loved hairstyle, but it’s not always easy to keep and maintain. Growing long hair is a trend among young people as well as adults these days. It’s becoming more common amongst students and older people of all ethnicities and genders, not just ladies.
The question is how long you can grow your hair before you start thinning and the answer is different for everyone. The length at which you start thinning can vary depending on genetics, your lifestyle, and your overall health. In this article, however, we give you tips to grow your hair in the most natural and healthiest way.
It is often difficult to even grow, let alone maintain, long hair. That’s because we are not aware of the factors that contribute to healthy and long-lasting hair growth. To get the best results, it is important to combine all the tips below.
Growing long hair does not have to be hard. It all starts with a good haircare and a weekly scalp massage and nutritious hair mask. Then, it is also about daily care of your hair so that it stays healthy and manageable for a long period of time.
Tips to grow longer hair:
When it comes to growing longer natural hair, there are a lot of steps one can take. If you want your hair long in the shortest time, here are six tips to help you boost your natural growth:
1) Wash your scalp every other day with a gentle organic shampoo or without shampoo if necessary. Too much shampoo is not always a good idea as it will dry your hair out and encourage it to fall out.
2) Massage your scalp daily to stimulate the hair follicles and help the blood circulation reach all parts of your head.
3) Use different natural oils for your hair in order to nourish it and keep it healthy. Some of the best natural remedies for hair growth are oils as they help with moisture retention. Oils like castor oil and coconut oil can be used as a mask or massage to keep your hair healthy and strong.
4) Cut any brittle and damaged ends you may have, to encourage the hair to grow longer and healthier.
5) Mix and try a couple home remedies or masks twice a week at least. Hair masks are easy to make at home with ingredients that cost next-to-nothing, such as sugar, honey, yogurt, eggs or avocado.
6) You should be using an anti-dandruff shampoo regularly because it helps prevent dandruff build up, which is one of the most common causes of hair loss and breakage among African American women with natural curly hair type.
Things not to do to your hair:
Curling your hair can cause damage if it’s done too much. The same goes for heat styling tools, like flat ironing your hair too much or using a curling iron on the ends of your hair.
A good way to protect your hair is by using a shampoo that has natural ingredients and works to restore the moisture in your scalp and locks in healthy-looking shine. Another way is by using products that are designed to give you an extra boost of shine like a hair serum or oil.
Brushing wet hair damages the cuticle of strands. To avoid these things, you should use a minimal amount of heat and be mindful of what you’re doing. Hair can also be damaged by over-brushing, over-dying, or excessive straightening. These three habits are also some of the biggest causes for breaking hair out in dandruff.
In fact, The most damaging hair-related thing we can do is to over-brush and over-heat our hair. This can lead to damaged strands, split ends, and dryness. Heat styling is also one of the most detrimental things you can do for your hair.
If you are trying to get a big makeover maybe try and embrace your natural locks rather than straightening your hair all the time. Keep in mind that even though dying your hair can be damaging too, locks can look so exotic and stunning on long hair, when dyed in blond or ginger.
Try to keep an open mind and consider different styles and you may as well just figure out your signature look, with no heat needed!
The trick to growing your hair long is to know how to take care of it and give it what it needs. This includes a daily scalp massage, a use of oils or masks and cutting your ends regularly.
The modern woman is always on the go. They have to juggle between work, family, and personal life. Sometimes, they end up neglecting their hair in order to keep up with all their tasks. But Keep in mind that you have other options, like; hair extensions, if you just don’t have the time or energy to figure out how to grow your hair longer.
In the end, long hair is a trend that might seem unattainable for many, but it can be worth the investment. Click here to check out our recommend brand for natural treatments to thicken hair help it grow longer.