When you have a few relatives that are simply evil, it can be difficult to get along with them. They will do anything to make you miserable and may even try to sabotage your other relationships.
If you mean your in-laws by relatives; then check out our article about why your mother-in-law may dislike you and try to understand her thinking. If not, then carry on reading!
What to do about your cruel and mean relatives:
Whether it is a family member or a friend, the people closest to us can be the most difficult to deal with, sometimes. They interfere and ruin our lives. That’s why it is important that you’re armed, ready and know what to do when your relatives try to cross boundaries with you:
1- Act accordingly with your personality type:
When you have evil relatives, the best way to handle them is by not giving into their demands and not letting them come between you and the people you care about the most. You should also avoid fighting back when they say mean things about you. It’s better just to keep a low profile and avoid confrontation altogether.
If you’re the shy and reserved type and you prefer to stay in your corner and not cause much drama, then don’t. However, if what they said or did will keep playing on your nerves later on and you will keep thinking about it and destroying your mental health, then it’s better to confront them and get justice rather than regret later.
If your personality is a type that worries, falls into self-pity and become very sad later on from what someone has done to you, then you need to always be ready to stand up for yourself so that there’s nothing to regret later. Say anything and everything that comes into your mind and treat the person just as bad as they treat you. In other words, do whatever it takes for you not to feel sad, hurt or have a mental breakdown later whenever you think about their actions and words!
2- Be civil when possible:
The best way to deal with these evil relatives is to simply avoid them. If you find yourself in a situation where you are forced to interact with them, here are some things that you can do:
– Ask them questions about themselves and show interest in their lives rather than yours. be diplomatic and avoid giving any information about yourself that can be twisted and altered to make you look bad in any way.
– Don’t give them any power over you by showing weakness or fear. Stand your ground, look them straight in the eyes. Don’t smile much and don’t be too friendly. Your body language sets the boundaries of respect for people around you! Break these boundaries and you risk getting eaten alive by their rude manners and brave cruelty.
– Do not talk about them behind their back or make snide remarks about them in public. In other words, you don’t like them, they don’t like you; we get it! But don’t be the one to start a fight. This will only make things worse and they will feel that they are being targeted.
– If you are going to talk about them, try to stay positive and focus on what they did wrong rather than how bad they are. Don’t label them as such or such, just say this is what they did wrong and this is why i didn’t appreciate it.
– Try not to get too involved with your family members when there is a conflict between a few of them, because it will make things more difficult for you in the long run. Do not take sides and stay neutral. Their argument could be silly and small but you’d make yourself an enemy forever!
3- Find a friend in another relative:
When you have an evil relative, it can be difficult to stay on good terms with them. However, it is important to remember that you are not alone in this situation and that there are people out there who understand what you are going through.
Prove to yourself that not all of your family tree is a nightmare to deal with. Find a friend in a different relative, this will help you feel good about your familial bonds and blood connections. It is an important thing for many and it gives us a sense of belonging to a larger group and having a higher purpose.
The same way you found yourself relatives with whom your personality clashes a lot, you are likely to find a different relative with whom you’ll get along a lot. Dig a lot and you surely will find someone that will put a smile on your face and make you see how awesome family can be!
4- Give them limited access to your life:
If you have evil relatives, it is best to avoid them as much as possible. If you do have to interact with them, keep your cool and be polite.
Interacting with someone who is trying to interfere with your life can be difficult. You might feel like they are constantly trying to ruin your day and make you miserable. However, remember that they are just one individual that doesn’t matter, so don’t let your world revolve around them!
When it comes to the relationship with your evil relatives, you must remember that distance makes the heart grow fonder. It may be difficult at times but it will also make them appreciate them more when they see you and not take you for granted. Keep your interactions with them as minimal as possible!
Other ways to deal with horrible relatives:
Evil relatives come in all shapes and sizes. They can be jealous, mean, or just plain crazy. If you have an evil relative and you’re not sure how to deal with them, here are some tips that might help.
1) Don’t take it personally. If they are trying to make your life difficult, that’s their problem, not yours. You’re only human!
2) Try to avoid them as much as possible.
3) Don’t let them manipulate you – if they try to guilt trip you into doing something for them, don’t do it!
4) Keep your cool. If you get angry or upset at their behaviour and lash out at them then they will win by making you look like the crazy one. Check out our article on how to channel your negative emotions into a driving and motivational force to better your future!
The most common way to deal with evil relatives is to avoid them. You should try to maintain a good relationship with your family by not being too dependent on them either. If you do decide to work on the relationship, you should try and get your relatives to see that they are doing something wrong by talking about the issue in a non-confrontational calm, and civilised way.
Many people have evil relatives and they’re not very nice. They often do things that are in the best interest of them alone, but not in the best interest of others. So try not to live in constant shock or heartbreak about how they deal with you, understand their perspective, move on and focus on yourself!